Wednesday 7 May 2008

Hunter..

Was our faithful 'vegetable' dog back home in M'sia.... he's been around for quite some while..
could still remember the times when he was naughty.. sneaking past the fencing... and running off to mark his territory around the neighbourhood.. he was really one very intelligent dog..
he enjoyed our 'sayang-ing' (patting) and would close his eyes in relaxation..
there was once he climbed under the fence and ran after a theft which was running out a neighbour's house.. and the thief was crying when Hunter bit his hand..
Today.. he left us, do pray he's in a better place now..
brother messaged me... ' lipsing.. Hunter died ler... '
i was just stunned momentarily.... sigh.. didn't know what to think...
just to sum things up quickily... my parents had to get the vet to put him to sleep.. cos he had a serious constipation problem.. it was the same problem 5 years or so ago.. with my other dog.. which was at least 15 years of age..
This just... reminds me again.. to appreciate what i have now..the people around me.. and also the two other dogs at home.. people come.. people go.. cycle of life.. which is quite a sad thing actually. nothing can we do bout it.. =/
really feel like cryin now... ='(

1 comment:

Jas said...

I understand how you feel.

I had to put both my dogs to sleep 3 years ago. One was paralysed. Another had recurrent infections. They were both very old, very loyal dogs. Lived a good 13-14 years.

I drove them to the vet with tears streaming down my eyes. Almost got into accident because I was so emotional that day. I think some guy wanted to come down to bash me up had I been a male driver... because I honked at him out of spite.

I saw the vet put them to sleep. Saw them slowly sink onto the floor, and then nothing but two lifeless bodies. It was one of the saddest day of my life.

The end.